Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My First Challenge

We have a casual weekly challenge going on over the the Papertrey Ink forum and this week was my first time as a host. I chose a color challenge--cream, pink, and brown. I was inspired by this paint sample from my local hardware store.

I chose colors that I already had, so I used PTI's Vintage Cream and Sweet Blush cardstocks along with a nice dark chocolate brown from Archiver's. I accented with some patterned paper from Basic Grey's Infuse collection and ribbon from Martha Stewart. The stamps used were Paper Tray (sentiment) and Simple Little Things.

I colored the stamped image with copics and framed it with a scalloped chipboard frame from Maya Road that I painted with acrylic paints (burnt umber first, then warm white for a vintage/distressed look). I used VersaMagic chalk ink in Jumbo Java for the decorative accents on the frame and the corners of the cards, then I paired it with Rouge Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink for the sentiment.




Last week's challenge had a sketch to follow and it had to include a hole in the front. I decided to use PTI's new Plum Pudding and Vintage Cream cardstocks. I embossed the cream cardstock with the Birds and Vines Cuttlebug folder and used my own patterned paper that I made with PTI's new Guide Lines set by stamping in Plum Pudding and Spring Moss and tying with a bit of Plum Pudding twill tape.

The sentiments are from Birthday Basics and the small scalloped corners on the window are a tiny scalloped frame from Maya Road that I cut into 4 pieces--it was already cream colored so I didn't have to do anything but cut and glue.



If you want to join in the weekly challenge come on over to PTI's forum: http://forum.papertreyink.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=19

Thanks for looking and have a great rest of today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These cards are gorgeous - beautiful - must've taken ages - I love the patterned paper you made with the guidelines set also