Thursday, July 10, 2008

More Flowers

I don't have any new cards to post today so I thought I'd show you something different. One of my fellow bloggers has been showing some beautiful lily photos from her garden and it immediately reminded me this particular lily that happens to be my favorite. I found this photo from a Google image search:



I took that photo to my local tattoo shop and after an hour or so I came out with this for my 30th birthday:



You'll have to excuse the photography on this shot for a few reasons: (a) the tattoo itself is a few years old now, (b) I'm not the best photographer anyway, and (c) it's really friggin' hard to take a close-up picture of something on your own back! :-)

I know many people do not like tattoos and I agree that they're not for everyone, but I happen to like the ones that I have. I planned/chose my images carefully and waited at least a year to make sure I still wanted them before going. To me they are reminders of some very significant times in my life and I have never regretted them--even now, 15 yrs after my first one.

I hope everyone is having a great day. If not, stop and take a minute to appreciate something small like a flower and see if it helps.

Hopefully I'll have a new card for you tomorrow. Until then, take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope they didnt hurt that much...

arlene,
Bainbridge Island florist