Friday, October 24, 2008
After a little pie a la mode, I attempted to work on this week's challenge card for PTI. My new kitty Lucy was a little better this time so it was a little easier than my last card. Kim provided us a sketch for a holiday themed card. I hadn't had a chance to play with my latest Papertrey goodies yet, so I incorporated them all into this.
Paper: Ripe Avacado, Ocean Tides, Linen Vellum (PTI), Frost (Memory Box)
Ink: Ripe Avacado, Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate, silver paint pen
Stamps: Merry & Bright (PTI)
I just got Merry & Bright and the Additions set with this last order and I can't wait to try all of the different tree combinations. I think this is going to be my "go-to" Christmas set for a while with all of it's possibilities.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a great weekend.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I made a birthday card last night for a friend and my new kitty Lucy "helped" me every step of the way. It's a little crooked, but I consider it a miracle that I was able to finish and that I didn't accidently cut her little inky paws off. I'm definitely going to have make sure the coast is clear next time I pull out the leaf ribbon because it is a major kitten magnet. :-)
Paper: Lavender Moon, Ripe Avacado (PTI), Sprout patterned paper (Memory Box)
Ribbon: Plum Pudding, leaf ribbon (PTI)
Misc: Plum Pudding ink (PTI), Target $1 spot flower punch, bling (sold for cell phones)
Thanks for stopping by today. Wish me luck with my next crafting adventure with Lucy. She's SO helpful--Let me tell you, it's a good thing she's so cute and fuzzy. :-)
Monday, October 20, 2008
On Saturday our Humane Society was having what can only be called a huge kitty sale. For one day only they reduced their adoption fees for cats and kittens to $19.95 (+$10 for rabies shots). This included all of their shots and the spaying/neutering. We got there early and there was already a line forming, but we were 4th so we could pretty much have our pick of the kitties.
Immediately I was drawn to the cage that had my new little sweetie in it. It took 2 hours of paperwork, background checks, and just waiting, but we now have a new family member, Lucy. She is 6 months old (approximately) and is the sweetest little ball of fur.Right now we have to keep her separate from our other kitty to make sure she doesn't get her sick, and to slowly get them used to each other. My older kitty is not particularly happy right now, but she's handling it better than I expected. I think they're going to get along just fine after an adjustment period.
So Lucy is living in our spare bedroom which is my craft/computer room for now. She's obsessed with trying to catch the cursor on the computer screen when I move the mouse. It was very cute, but after the 100th time of saying "no" and putting her back on the floor, it got a little hard to use the computer. :-)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Vintage Cream, Linen Vellum (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Warm Red, Olive Pastel (Colorbox Fluid Chalk)
Stamps: Rustic Branches, Believe, Polka Dot Basics, Out on a Limb (PTI)
Misc: Leaf ribbon (PTI), red/green ribbon (Big Lots)
Thanks for stopping by today. And please feel free to check out Papertrey Ink's forum and look for new challenges every Wed. if you'd like to play along.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Lynn provided us with a great sketch this week and even though she admits that she didn't create it, I still enjoyed making this card. :-)
Paper: Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise (PTI), VersaMark (clear embossed)
Stamps: Year Round Puns, First Fruits (PTI), tiny leaves from Stampendous
I should be back tomorrow with another card when I host the challenge. Thanks for stopping by today.
Monday, October 13, 2008
I think I may have finally talked myself into getting the Everyday Blessings set from PTI that I have debated about for a while now. It would've come in pretty handy this weekend.
In this close up you can see my cute little spider and my favorite skeleton tea light holders. I'm all about the battery operated tea lights, especially inside of my ceramic decorations. They don't heat up as much and I don't have to worry about burning my house down if I forget to turn them off. As my close personal friend Martha would say "it's a good thing."
My favorite new decoration is this lantern that my bf picked out. He knows how hard I look for cute black cat decorations and how I don't have much luck in that department. He found this for me and it's perfect.
I've always had a soft spot for black cats--I was 4 when we got our first and I've had 3 more (including my current kitty) since then, but I've never been without one during the last 30 yrs. They have always been the sweetest pets to have around and my current kitty is no exception.
Of course, whenever I try to take her picture she ends up looking sort of scary. I tried to catch how cute she looked while taking a nap with my bf, but her eyes were glowing so badly that I ended up with this.
She looks a little creepy, but I thought it fit very well with my Halloween post for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I made a few adjustments to it, but I kept with the same general idea. I decided to use my PTI shimmer paper again since I had yet to break into the silver package.
Paper: Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, Night Sky Shimmer, Silver Shimmer (all from PTI), Boxer from Basic Grey
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI), Navy
Stamps: Snowflake Serenade (PTI)
Misc: Chipboard snowflake colored with Decco silver marker, chunky glitter, red crystal brad/bling
I was able to capture a little of the shimmer on the silver paper, but the blue is very pretty and shimmery in person as well. I didn't end up using traditional holiday colors on this at all, but I like it.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you like my non-traditional holiday card. If you want to know 7 random facts about me, or just have time to kill, be sure to read my last post . :-)
Beverly (http://preciousscraps.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html) tagged me to share 7 random things about myself. I don't always share a lot about myself online so I should be able to come up with 7 things pretty easily. :-) So here we go:
1. This first one is inspired by one of Beverly's answers. I was a cheerleader for 4 years, but during my second year I dislocated my hip doing the splits so I've never attempted them since. (I was also the only cheerleader I know who could not do a cartwheel.) LOL
2. I do not know how to swim and have a fear of water in many situations. I do not like getting water in my face and water that I cannot see through--like dirty lake water--especially freaks me out.
3. I am not a great bowler (think 103 average), but I love to go bowling. I once won my entire bowling league (and a big trophy) by beating out a bowler with a 200+ average. There were about 80 of us in the beginning and I was the only woman in the top 8. Somehow I made it to the end and I'm still not exactly sure how it happened, but I had the best night of bowling in my life. And I still have the trophy to prove it. :-)
4. I have been a horrible nail biter ever since I can remember. I did stop for the 4 years I was in High School, but then I started up again. I've had acrylic nails off and on since 1992, but removed them almost 3 months ago and have been biting like crazy again. I know it's a disgusting habit, but it is more like an obsession.
5. I've been coloring my hair since I was 12, when I started getting a gray streak in the same place that my Grandmother had one. I'm 34 yrs old and and at least 1/3 of my hair is no longer gray, but bright white now. When I was 24 a hairdresser told me that when I stopped coloring my hair I'd have a beautiful head of white hair. Thanks, but what 24-yr old wants to hear that?!
6. I am a cat person. Not that I don't love other animals, but in the whole dogs vs. cats battle, kitties will win me over every time. My cat now is such a sweet snuggle bunny that she's even won over my boyfriend who is a dog person at heart and severely allergic to cats.
7. I love music, all kinds of music. I have a 160 GB iPod with almost 12,000 songs on it (everything from rock to country to Irish drinking songs) and I have room for plenty more. :-)
I hope you enjoyed reading my 7 random facts. I should add an 8th one and admit that I am horrible about passing along these sorts of things. If I'm not back soon with my 7 people please feel free to play along on your own. LOL.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
My first card was for a 5 yr old so I wanted it to be colorful. I think I succeeded.
Paper: Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush (PTI), Basic Grey Sultry
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Cherry Pink
Stamps: $1.99 Archivers Hotspot Butterflies, Butterfly Kisses and Little Lady (PTI), My Sentiments Exactly
The second card is for my mother, but she doesn't read my blog so I can post it here. :-)
Paper: PTI White, DCWV Glitter Mat Stack, Basic Grey Sultry
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Cherry Pink
Stamps: Green Thumb, Birthday Basics (PTI) Scrappy Cat flowers
I popped a few of the flowers up on dimensionals to give them a little more interest.
I hope you enjoyed my cards today. Thanks for stopping by. :-)
Monday, October 6, 2008
First up is a card I made for my bf's twin sister.
Paper: Sweet Blush, Shimmer White (PTI), Basic Grey Sultry
Ink: VersaMark, Cherry Pink
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Birthday Basics (PTI)
Misc: $1 bin ribbon, bridal confetti flowers, pink gems
Next up is the card I made for my bf. I always find cards for men to be a challenge, but this one came together pretty quickly.
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Basic Grey Boxer
Ink: Navy, Olive Pastel
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Birthday Basics (both PTI), Sunny Dots (Hero Arts)
Misc: buttons, linen thread
I have to get to work on a few more cards later today so I hope to have more to share by tomorrow or the next day.
Thank you for stopping by today.