Beverly (http://preciousscraps.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html) tagged me to share 7 random things about myself. I don't always share a lot about myself online so I should be able to come up with 7 things pretty easily. :-) So here we go:
1. This first one is inspired by one of Beverly's answers. I was a cheerleader for 4 years, but during my second year I dislocated my hip doing the splits so I've never attempted them since. (I was also the only cheerleader I know who could not do a cartwheel.) LOL
2. I do not know how to swim and have a fear of water in many situations. I do not like getting water in my face and water that I cannot see through--like dirty lake water--especially freaks me out.
3. I am not a great bowler (think 103 average), but I love to go bowling. I once won my entire bowling league (and a big trophy) by beating out a bowler with a 200+ average. There were about 80 of us in the beginning and I was the only woman in the top 8. Somehow I made it to the end and I'm still not exactly sure how it happened, but I had the best night of bowling in my life. And I still have the trophy to prove it. :-)
4. I have been a horrible nail biter ever since I can remember. I did stop for the 4 years I was in High School, but then I started up again. I've had acrylic nails off and on since 1992, but removed them almost 3 months ago and have been biting like crazy again. I know it's a disgusting habit, but it is more like an obsession.
5. I've been coloring my hair since I was 12, when I started getting a gray streak in the same place that my Grandmother had one. I'm 34 yrs old and and at least 1/3 of my hair is no longer gray, but bright white now. When I was 24 a hairdresser told me that when I stopped coloring my hair I'd have a beautiful head of white hair. Thanks, but what 24-yr old wants to hear that?!
6. I am a cat person. Not that I don't love other animals, but in the whole dogs vs. cats battle, kitties will win me over every time. My cat now is such a sweet snuggle bunny that she's even won over my boyfriend who is a dog person at heart and severely allergic to cats.
7. I love music, all kinds of music. I have a 160 GB iPod with almost 12,000 songs on it (everything from rock to country to Irish drinking songs) and I have room for plenty more. :-)
I hope you enjoyed reading my 7 random facts. I should add an 8th one and admit that I am horrible about passing along these sorts of things. If I'm not back soon with my 7 people please feel free to play along on your own. LOL.