Thursday, August 21, 2008

Poor, Poor Sam

I got home from work about an hour ago to find my fish Sam dead. :-(

He was alive and well this morning when I left. As usual, he greated me at his bowl and flared at the food jar so that I would feed him. I know it sounds silly, but for a little fish he had a big personality. He made me laugh with how excited he would get when I'd come near his bowl, yet he'd all but ignore my boyfriend unless he had blood worms with him. I remember right after I got him I had to rearrange some of the kitchen appliances because he kept trying to fight with my red KitchenAid mixer. (Hey, I didn't say he was smart, just that he made me laugh!) :-)

Somehow today he got trapped between the glass and some river rocks near the bottom of the bowl and he couldn't surface for air. The poor baby must've drowned (or suffocated whatever you want to call it). It seems so weird that a fish could drown, but I guess that's what happend to my poor Sam.

RIP Sammy, my little buddy--you were a great fish and I'll miss you.

No comments: