Monday, August 18, 2008

I {heart} Butterflies

We have been having such beautiful weather in St. Louis lately. It doesn't feel like August--we should be sweltering in the upper 90s with high humidity by now, but for some reason we've had lows in the 60s and highs in the low to mid 80s without much humidity.

What does that have to do with butterflies you may ask? Nothing really, other than because of the beautiful weather we decided to take a quick trip to the zoo yesterday. I love the fact that we live close enough that we can take a short trip if we want. Admission is free, parking is free in Forest Park and we've lucked out finding close parking spots the last few times we've visited.

One of my favorite parts of the zoo is the geodesic flight dome cage that is part of the insectarium building. It is smaller than the Butterfly House in Chesterfield, but it is still full of beautiful rainforest plants and butterflies. I got a few pictures, but I'd love to be able to spend more time there and get a few more photos.

The first few could've been a little better, but I forgot to change the settings on my camera.

Right before I left I had my camera adjusted properly and was able to catch this black and white beauty with one shot. It was just hanging out right near the exit door.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for stopping by today. (The one shot worked perfectly for my blog header as well. Yes, I changed it again. LOL)

1 comment:

Leah said...

I absolutely love butterflies too! Such beautiful pics:)