Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last weekend I did some stampin'

Here are the cards I made last weekend. Two of them were challenge cards for PTI.

For the first one, the challenge was to use PTI's Lemon Tart and Lavendar moon to make a circular card. I haven't invested in a good circle-cutting system yet so I traced a bowl from my kitchen and cut it out--that should explain a lot about my circle. :-) The ornate circle stamp and the sentiment are from Simple Little Things. The lavender "pointy" circle was an individual design element from the Borders & Corners {oval} set. I stamped it in each scallop until I had a complete circle. I used a regular office hole punch for the small yellow circles. All stamps, paper, and ink (except black - Palette Noir) are from Papertrey Ink.

The second card was another weekly challenge card as well. We had a sketch to follow and our guidelines were to use a monochromatic color palette and whatever stamps we wanted. I started with a PTI Kraft base and used their Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise as the first 2 colors. The second 2 were from my stock. I used Polka Dot Basics to stamp the little bridal flowers from Michael's and accented with Dew Drops. The sentiment is from Simple Little Things and the accents around it are from Boxes, Bags and Tags (all stamps used are from PTI).

The next card started out with PTI Kraft paper as a base also. Have I mentioned how much I love this paper?! The flower and bee stamps are from Honey Bees and the dragonfly and sentiment are from Pond Life + Sentiments. I curved the end of the sentiment to appear as if it is "taking off". I finished it off with some Berry Sorbet twill tape. All stamps. paper, and ribbon are from PTI.

The nex two cards were inspired by a fellow PTI member Donelda. She used this brayer technique to create a sunset look that contrasts very well with the black stamped images. The first card uses PTI's Out on a Limb stamp set. The second uses Pond Life also by PTI.



Thanks for looking. Have a great rest of today. :-)

3 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are wonderful cards. I especially like the challenge card from last week...the panel cards. Unfortunately, I don't have time this week or next to do challenge cards...too busy tring to come up with something clever for my release projects...duh, I'm blank. Sorry you can't make the Rubber Stamp Getaway...I was looking forward to actually getting to meet you!

Hugs!

Deanna said...

These cards are fantastic, I may just case some of these cute little designs and color combos!
:)

One Creative Life said...

Wow you have been busy! Great cards as always!~Erica