Monday, June 23, 2008

More Weekend Cards

I got these ready and downloaded sooner than I thought I would so I'll go ahead and post them today as well.

First up is a card that I can see making in different color schemes very easily. The base is Sweet Blush cardstock from Papertrey Ink and the orange is a textured cardstock from Archiver's. I stamped the Stained Glass Lily stamp from Rubbernecker on PTI white and colored it with my colored pencils, blending with baby oil. The sentiment is from Out on a Limb stamped on one of the Cuttlebug tiny tag dies.







Next up is a card that uses PTI's Summer Sunrise cardstock as a base and patterned paper from DCWV's Summer Mat Stack. I embossed the striped paper with Birds & Swirls in my Cuttlebug. The bird/cage stamps are from Memory Box (Gilded Cage) and the sentiment is from Inkadinkado. I accented with a touch of PTI's twill tape in Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, and Spring Moss, and some clear buttons with more pp attached. I went over the bird with my AtYou Spica glitter pens.



My third card uses PTI kraft cardstock as a base and more paper from the DCWV Summer Mat Stack. The sentiment and the sun are from Stampendous and the penguins are from Imaginisce at Archiver's. I used colored pencils and accented the sun, popscicle, flower, and bikini top with stickles. The sun is popped up on dimensionals and I cut it out using my new Tim Holtz scissors which I happen to be in love with at the moment.






*Helpful Hint: The strip of patterned paper on the bottom is a cute accent, but it also helps disguise when you don't score evenly and end up with one side shorter than the other.*

No comments: