Friday, June 20, 2008

Papertrey Ink Casual Mid Week Challenges 10 & 11

I just realized that I have a camera at work that I can use while mine is gone. Only problem is that the batteries are dead. I have them on the charger and hopefully will be able to post a few updates soon.

Batteries are charged and ready to go so here they are:

The first was a sketch challenge, but we could use our own choice of colors and stamps. We were supposed to use stamps that we hadn't used before, but instead I used ribbon that I have been wanting to use for a long time, but never did until now. The base is PTI kraft, the ribbon is from the $1 bin at Michael's, and the stamps used are Honey Bees and Simple Little Things. I stamped my flower images and then used distress ink over the entire thing. I followed that with some stickles and a few tiny seed beads for some sparkle.




The second card had a sketch also and we could use whatever stamps we wanted. The three images to the left had to be the same stamp, but the sentiment could be different. I used PTI's Simple Little Things set again for both. I used black, white, Spring Moss, and Everyday Blessings patterned paper. As a last minute addition, I decied to put some beads on this card too. Since I used a jewelry headpin instead of a normal stick pin I was able to curl the end to finish it off instead of having a sharp point.



I had a small glue emergency on this card, but luckily the patterned paper is a little more forgiving so it's not so noticeable. Next time I need to be more patient with slow moving glue--it WILL come out eventually. I need to remind myself that patience is a virtue. :-)

Thanks for looking. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

oooohhh... preeettyyy...

Unknown said...

I love these - they are very elegant and I absolutely love the way you did the Florida lettering on your scrapbook page - gorgeous.