Monday, March 3, 2008

Well, I completed my ink project this weekend. I bought some crates at Hobby Lobby that I was going to glue some dividers in, but I was having some problems getting the sizes right so that all of my ink pads would fit. So Plan B was to visit a few antique malls and see if I could find an old soda crate or something similar.

The second store I visited had a few soda crates, but once I saw one in person I realized the sections were going to be too small for most of my inks. Then I started noticing how perfect some of the knick-knack storage shelves would be. Of course, most of them were marked NFS, but I happened upon one that was for sale for only $12. I brought it home, cleaned it up a little bit and got to work labeling my ink pads. They didn't all fit, so I'll have to keep a lookout for another shelf, but here's the final result. I did use one of the HL crates for my distress inks and a few others that I use more often.
Ink Storage


I also finally got my Easter decorations out. I went a little overboard with my Happy Easter sign, but I couldn't help it I was having so much fun with my acrylic paints and glitter and ribbon. The two smallest decorations were hand made for my boyfriend by a neighbor when he was little--they're about 30 yrs old. He told me that she had her own studio in her basement where she made pottery. His mother just gave them to us yesterday.
Easter Decorations

No comments: