Friday, February 12, 2010

I need to get busy

I still have a few cards to make this weekend and next week, but I've been in the middle of reorganizing my ribbon collection so I've been a little distracted. It is boring and time consuming, but it is going to be worth it with all of the space I will be saving by taking it off the cardboard spools.

I do need to take a break from that--I had a close call with one of the kitties and my ribbon. I still have no idea how Clyde got it, but somehow he swallowed several feet of 1/8" ribbon and I had no idea until he was throwing it up at 3:45 this morning. Luckily it all came out in one little compact bunch because it could've been a very serious situation if it had made it into his system. Thankfully he seems to be ok although it makes me wonder what else he could be eating?

On a crafty note, I scored some new border punches from EK Success at Jo-Ann's. They were on sale 40% off and they are new Spring designs that I have not seen anywhere else yet.

The first one is called bubbles and I think it adds a fun sort of lacy feel to the edge.


The next one is called graceful heart and it has a definite lacy quality about it that I cannot wait to use. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my new favorites.
I really like these punches and even the ones with tiny holes/delicate patterns have no trouble going through Papertrey's cardstock. (I have a few Martha punches that don't like to play nice the PTI paper.)

Yesterday, my honey was off work so he showed up at my office with 2 dozen roses and Merb's chocolate covered strawberries. He also went to a meat market and got some really nice steaks for us to make on Sunday. We've decided to stay home and have a nice dinner on Sunday since he says I "cook better than any restaurant anyway." I am looking forward to good steaks, a nice bottle of Pinot Nior and a quiet evening at home.

No comments: