Saturday, February 27, 2010

I love it when a plan comes together

So after waiting almost a year to order from Papertrey Ink I finally got to place a small order to catch up on the colors that I had missed out on. My plan was to order the paper and one ribbon of each color, but to wait on the ink in case I had something close enough to work in my already large ink pad collection.

I just had time to look and I found inks that will work for all 4 colors.

Scarlet Jewel = Aged Mahogany Distress Ink or Chianti from Color Box

Enchanted Evening = Faded Jeans Distress Ink

Orange Zest = Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink

Terracotta Tile = Sepia Archival Ink **Edited on 3/5/10 to add that I'm not really loving this one and I may go ahead and order the PTI ink, but hey 3 out of 4 ain't bad.**

They may not be exact matches, but they'll be close enough for me and it saved me enough money that I could justify buying that new Butterfly Dreams stamp set I've been eyeing. LOL

I know I'm not the only one who has to keep a tighter eye on the budget, so I thought I'd share how well my latest plan of attack worked out. :-)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hey Mary, I'm a fellow PTI lover. I see where you've been on a budget while saving up for your wedding (love your wedding picture there) I was wondering if you were able to get enough stamp sets to earn an anniversary set? If you didn't, let me know and I will give you one of mine for free! I'm at auntsandy@bellsouth.net

Sandy