Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poor Sweet Lucy

My heart is breaking right now for my dear sweet Lucy. She is the cute fuzzy kitty I introduced back in October and now she is in a fight for her life at the young age of 14 months. I took her to the vet on Friday and they told me she looked healthy other than the weight loss that I brought her in for. They were going to send her off with some antibiotics and told me to give her 3 or 4 months to see if she improved.


I had a very bad feeling about it so I pushed them to some blood work. They called me yesterday and told me it was not good. She has multiple infections attacking her liver, stomach, etc. They gave me another antibiotic and a steroid and told me that if she doesn't respond to them there is nothing else they can do for her. They are not 100% sure, but they think it might be FIP which is always fatal as there is no cure for it. From what I've read about FIP she may only have days left. She is still eating a little bit and trying to be her snuggly self, but it is not looking good. At this point I hate that her last memories of me may be forcing medicine into her tired little body 5 times a day and constantly trying to make her to eat.

It is so strange that she seemed just a little skinny, but otherwise fine 2 days ago. She was even being very social with everyone at the vet's office and they all said they wanted to take her home because of how sweet she is. Now she's clinging to life and slowly slipping away.


She has been the sweetest, most loving cat that I have ever had and I can't even bear the thought that she's leaving us so soon. Without some sort of miracle I'm going to lose her and that has kept me crying for 2 days straight. I'm trying to be strong for her, but it is so hard.

I took this picture of her yesterday.

She barely looks sick then, but there is quite a change today. I don't want to take any pics of her now because I don't want to remember her like that. I like to think of her as the sweet beautiful little fuzz ball that would curl up and sleep on my chest with her head on my cheek.

If anyone who reads this could say a little prayer for Lucy I would really appreciate it. I pray that she'll get better, but if she can't that it will be quick and painless for her.

For now she's getting all of the treats that she will eat and lots of snuggles and kisses from her heartbroken "mommy and daddy".

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry Lucy is so sick. I pray that she will get better and be just fine. I know the heartache you are going through. It doesn't matter how long those sweet furry kids are in our life, they take hold of our hearts fast. Stay strong.