Monday, January 19, 2009

Valentine Season Begins

I think I've finally had enough of Christmas and snowy cards for a little while so now I'm moving on to Valentine's Day.

My first card uses some stamps that I bought from Gina K before Christmas, but had never inked up. The set is called Cuddles and Hugs and it was designed by Melanie Muenchinger. The sentiment is from a different set, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head ( I just looked it up and it's from Inkadinkado). The pp is from DCWV's Old World stack.



Next up is another card using PTI's Heart Prints set. I never thought I'd use a set of just hearts, but I love all of the patterns this one has. I got out my heat tool for a little embossing on this one and then sponged a light layer of white ink to bring out the contrast. My colors were all from PTI: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz.



My last card for today isn't necessarily a Valentine's card, but it's still bright and cheery. This card uses PTI's Garden of Life set for the main flower image. The corners are from a Build A Frame set from Prima and the sentiment is from Hero Art's Anytime Messages set. I used Raspberry Fizz and Ripe Avocado (PTI).



I did make another card this weekend, but I'm saving it for Wednesday's weekly PTI challenge. (I had a very productive night Saturday--4 cards in one sitting!)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest cards. I didn't get as detailed on the descriptions, but if you have any questions I will be happy to let you know.

Have a great rest of today.

1 comment:

One Creative Life said...

These are great Mary! I have all the supplies for mine, but I have yet to start. TFS-Erica