Monday, February 11, 2008

More Cards! I had a busy weekend.

Here are some new cards I made this weekend. The first is a Birthday card for my 3-yr old niece. (Hopefully she won't notice or care that I stamped the fish upside down!) I found the puppies and kitties ribbon at Ben Franklin and couldn't pass it up.
Photobucket


Next is card for my 8-yr old nephew. I have a very hard time coming up with ideas for boy cards--I prefer sparkly and girly. I did add a little sparkle with by COPIC glitter pens on the Happy Birthday (even though the photo didn't pick it up). For the pattern on the bottom I used VersaMark and a great sun stamp I found on clearance at Archivers.
Photobucket

My third card was finished at about 11:00 p.m. last night so the lighting isn't the best, but I again used my COPIC markes on the watering can stamp. For the dots on the scalloped edge I originally used a pink souffle pen, but I wanted it darker so I went over it again with a COPIC in bright pink.
Photobucket


**As a side note, I recently decided to get the small Xyron 150 that creates stickers up to 1.5" wide. I had read a few bloggers raving about how great this works on ribbon so I decided to give it a try. I cannot put into words how much easier this machine makes adhering ribbon to cards. And it sticks! I've tried so many different types of adhesive before that would come loose, or if they were wet would warp the paper--not anymore.

The machine is so tiny that it hardly takes up any room in your workspace. I don't know how I ignored this little prize for so long. My local Michael's carries it for $9.99 and you can use their 40% off coupon like I did and get this baby for $6.00--you can't beat it.

No comments: