Monday, May 19, 2008

PTI Challenges

Over on the Papertrey Ink forum we have a casual weekly challenge going on. I'm very glad it's casual because I just caught up on the last two this weekend so I should be ready for the next one. You can find the forum here: http://forum.papertreyink.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=8507&g2_GALLERYSID=09bd266e85cea0cdf42e5e14c856c162


First we have my queen bee card for week 5. There was a sketch to follow, insect and/or reptile stamps were to be used, and colors were to be kraft background with blues, greens, and purples as accents. I put that all together and came up with this:

I made the background with PTI's Polka Dot Basics set and the little accent from Butterfly Kisses. I went over the main bee image with my Spica glitter pens (black on body, clear on wings) and it gives it just enough sparkle in person.

The second challenge was a sketch challenge only and this is what I came up with:


The patterned paper is from Making Memories 5th Avenue collection (part of my bargin shopping at Target). The sentiment is from PTI's anniversary set--it has great sentiments.

For both of these cards I actually broke out my red rubber mounted stamps. I've been using my clear ones almost exclusively lately, but it was nice to get some ink on these too.

No comments: