Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Butterfly Dreams

I finally got a chance to ink up my newest PTI set Butterfly Dreams and I can tell that I {{{heart}}} it. There really are so many different butterflies to choose from that you can find whatever you need. The coordinating die cuts beautifully too and made adding 3-D butterflies a snap.


I started with a base of Orange Zest and then a layer of gray from my stash that was stamped with VersaMark Dazzle Champagne. The sparkle is very subtle, but it is there. I added a Summer Sunrise strip that was punched with yet another EK Success edge punch (arrow) and stamped with True Black ink.

The butterflies were first cut out of Soft Stone cardstock with the die, then stamped with black (Memento) ink and colored with my Copics. It was so easy to line the stamp up with the cut out image. I added black Stickles to the bodies of all of the butterflies and then sprayed the entire card with a layer of Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist (pearl). I really like the subtle shine it gives a finished card.

I can't wait to have more time to play with this set. I already have so many ideas swirling around in my head.

6 comments:

Ted said...

Mary, this card is beautiful and I especially love the "rule of three" that you used for those cute monarchs. :) Such a warm card and I can't wait to try out something similar. Isn't the stamp/die combo the best? :)

Nadine said...

Beautiful card Mary! Love the color combo you used. I bet this card is even better IRL!

Rhonda said...

Love the butterflies. This set is so fabulous to work with.

Lee Anne said...

Beautiful coloring on the butterflies! Wow!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty! This set is the BEST, isn't it :)

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I love the way you colored the butterflies.