Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Non traditional Christmas

The last challenge on the PTI forum (CMWC35) was to make a non-traditional Christmas card. It could be non-traditional colors or images or whatever you wanted to do. I chose the color route by choosing Dark Chocolate and Pink.

My punched snowflakes are made out of pink shimmer paper with small bling centers. The sentiment is from PTI's Believe set and the snowflakes are from Snowflake Serenade. I used a Nestabilities label die and although you can't tell in the photo I embossed the edge and sponged on some Sweet Blush ink while the paper was still in the die for a nice white edge. It looks much nicer in person.
I was finally able to attempt this challenge since I finished the last of my Christmas cards and got them ready for mailing. I am so relieved to check that off of my to do list.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a great rest of today.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Love your version of non-traitional Christmas Mary!

Deanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

WOw, very pretty card! I REALLY like those colors!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Mary! I love non-traditional colors! Your kitties are very pretty, too. Have a great new year!