Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tag-You're it Again!

I made this second tag last Saturday as well, but I wasn't quite as happy with it. To be perfectly honest, this is one that I threw away and then rescued from the trash--for the simple fact that I spent enough time and effort on it that I figured I might as well show it too.

There's not anything wrong with it per say, but it didn't turn out quite like I had planned out in my head--it was much more elegant in theory. LOL

You can't tell from the photo, but I covered the sentiment in crystal glitter again. (Running it backwards through my Xyron machine makes it so easy to get perfect coverage.) Also, the vintage glass glitter on the snowflake is SO sparkly in person, but you have to be careful with it--as it is just that--tiny shards of glass with sharp edges.

Stamps:
sentiment from Tiny Trees (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
background is Composer's Dream (Stampendous)
small snowflake (Michael's $1 stamp set)

Ink:
Victorian Velvet (Tim Holtz distress ink)
Silver (Encore! Ultimate Metallic)

Misc:
silver vintage glass glitter (RedLead - redleadpaperworks.com)
snowflake die (Spellbinders)
silver snowflake brad/square brads (The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby)
ribbon and metallic eyelash yarn (Michaels)

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Well, I think it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Och Mary it's beautiful!!!! what in the world were you thinking throwing it out!!! It's gorgeous!!! Good luck Mary!

B said...

Oh so pretty! Love the fun use of the ribbon and the pretty snowflake!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. And happy anniversary too!

Monica K. said...

This is so pretty! So glad you didn't throw it away. :) I love the pinks for Christmas, very unique!

Ren-Yi said...

perfectionist ;) if you ever throw anything in the trash - throw it in the mail box instead. i'd find this tag a beautiful home :D the ribbon and the snowflakes are just superb.